WSET Level 2 in Wines
Explore the amazing world of wine,
and enjoy guided tastings of over 45 benchmark wines.
It's the perfect course for all wine lovers because it is straightforward, educational, lots of fun.
This course is an ideal introduction to the world of international wines and wine law and is suitable for beginners as well as people who have already studied other wine courses.
There are no prerequisites but we do recommend starting with the Level 1 to ensure you have a solid foundation of knowledge.
This is an excellent course because we go into detail about wine tasting, terroir and winemaking, the classic grapes, and all the major regions of production. Our engaging presentations are packed with video clips taking you on a vinous journey around the world. You will learn about:
- The art of tasting in detail
- Growing grapes & terroir
- Making & maturing all types of wine
- Classic & regionally important grape varieties
- Major regions in France & Italy
- Key regions in Germany & Spain
- New World wine regions
- Sparkling & Fortified wines
- The art of food & wine pairing
- 136 page Level 2 Work Book
- 83 page Level 2 course Book
- WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT) guide
- Registration, tuition fees, sample for tasting, tea/coffee, business lunch and one sitting of examination
- Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- There are no prerequisites for WSET Level 1 Wines
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age to participate
Tastings & Instruction
Barrels & Beyond is well known for the expert instruction, our high pass rates, and the exceptional quality of our tastings. You'll taste around 45 wines of finest quality.
At the end of the course there is a 50 question multiple choice exam with a pass mark of 55%. You have 60 minutes to complete the closed book examination. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate which is a formal qualification in wine with international recognition, and a beautiful lapel pin. Don't stress about the exam. You can always re-sit it if necessary.
Results are graded as follows:
- Pass with Distinction 85% and above
- Pass with Merit Between 70% and 84%
- Pass Between 55% and 69%
- Fail Between 45% and 54%
- Fail unclassified 44% and below
Installment options available kindly contact us for more details.
TERMS: Payment is required to secure the booking. Your payment is non-refundable but you can transfer it once to another person or to a future course of the same type, if you contact us 14 days or more before the start date. In the rare event Barrels & Beyond has to cancel a course you will receive a 100% refund.
If you are unsuccessful, you are able to re-sit your exam. There is no limit to the amount of re-sit exam attempts. Each re-sit exam incurs a charge of AED 450. Please refer to the Exam Schedule and to book your exam, please email email@example.com You are not permitted to re-sit any qualification to improve a Pass grade.
Who takes this course?
Everyone! We have a large number of general interest wine enthusiasts as well as people working in the hospitality industry and wine trade. If you want to have a very good understanding of the world's wines, and a real ability to taste, then this is the course for you.
People wishing to pursue a career as a sommelier and who want to learn more about international wines and wine styles before going onto accredited Sommelier qualifications.